TO: All RCUH Employees
FROM: Nelson Sakamoto
Director of Human Resources
SUBJECT: UH Alert Emergency Notification System
Employees interested in receiving emergency alert messages from the University of Hawaii please go to www.hawaii.edu/alert/. This link will provide you step by step instructions on how to sign up for both email and text emergency alerts affecting the various UH campuses.
UH Alert Emergency Notification
The UH Alert emergency notification system alerts the university community in the event of a natural, health or civil emergency. The information you provide will only be used in the event of an emergency that impacts the health and safety of the UH community or closures of whole campuses. It will not be shared with others or used for routine UH communications or announcements. Click below to login and:
Information about UH Alert
Automated emergency messaging options include:
- SMS /text messages
- Alerts can be sent via text message to student, faculty and staff mobile phones.
Your @hawaii.edu email address is automatically subscribed to UH Broadcast, which sends out email for administrative and health and safety alerts.
Unsubscribing from UH Alert will not affect email sent from UH Broadcast.
UH Alert Sign Up Instructions
- Login with your UH username and password.
- Tell us the campus(es) or geographic location(s) about which you want to be alerted.
- Submit your cell phone number.
- Click “Save Changes” at the end of the form.
- That‘s it! You may opt-out or change your information at any time.