RCUH wants to showcase the important work you do in our print and online collateral, but we need your help! We’re expanding our photo file and are asking projects to share any new hi-res photos with RCUH.
Ideal photos should be clear, bright, and tell a story about your project. Action or staged activities are preferred. No headshots please. Minimum size: 600 x 600 pixels. Resolution: 300 dpi.
Please complete the information form below and send your photos to email@example.com by September 15, 2017. Photos may be sent as attachments or via UH File Drop. For examples of photos that are interesting and informative, see pages 13-15 of the 2016 RCUH Annual Report.
Mahalo for sharing your work with us!
In order to minimize searching for the RCUH timesheets each pay period, we will have the current RCUH timesheet available in the Current News section of the RCUH website on the first working day of each pay period.
Click here for the August 16-31, 2017 Timesheet
Payroll Deadline is August 31, 2017 noon
Payday for this timesheet is September 7, 2017
**Payroll Deadlines are strictly enforced – NO EXCEPTIONS
Click here for the September 1-15, 2017 Timesheet
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 956-3100.
Now, that we have your attention . . . ePayments is coming soon to RCUH! ePayments will allow us to make electronic/automated payments to employees and vendors, i.e., eliminating the need for paper checks! Want to know what to expect? Please attend an information session via HITS on Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
This session will cover:
– ePayments Introduction and Overview
– Implementation Plan and Schedule
– Vendor and Employee Enrollment Process
– Change in Payment Processing
Registration is open through August 25, 2017. Seating is limited, so please register for the most convenient site by clicking here. Handout will be emailed on August 28, 2017.
For those unable to attend, the recorded session and handout will be available by September 5, 2017. Please email your interest to email@example.com
If you would like additional information about the session or want to submit your questions or comments in advance, please contact Maile Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation on August 29!
Certain projects and fiscal offices currently require handwritten signatures on paper documents in order to retain an audit trail of the approvals for transactions. To help eliminate the need for handwritten signatures, the Financial Portal includes an “Audit Information” feature, which tracks the actions taken on each document saved and/or submitted in the Financial Portal. For example, if a secondary user creates and saves a document, and the Principal Investigator (PI) then signs-in and submits the saved document to the Fiscal Administrator (FA), the Audit Information section of the document tracks these actions, thus eliminating the need to print out and circulate a hard copy for the PI’s signature. The FA can simply view the Audit Information section of the document to verify that the PI approved the document that was submitted online.
Effective Monday, August 14, 2017, the Audit Information feature will be updated to (1) include the user-type (e.g., Principal Investigator, Fiscal Administrator, etc.), and (2) show up on printed hard-copy versions of the documents. To save space, the printed versions will only show the significant actions (e.g., “submitted”, “additional info requested”, “approved”, “file attachment added”, etc.), and will not indicate if a document was just “saved” or “saved – failed to submit”.
If you have any questions on this Audit Information feature, please contact Erin H. Yoda at 808-956-3969 or email@example.com.
The Hawaii State Ethics Commission will be offering ethics training in September to state employees on Oahu (Kapolei). Online registration is now open: http://ethics.hawaii.gov/2017-09-08kapolei/. We encourage employees to register early because seating is limited. Training date and location are as follows:
Date: Friday, September 8, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: University of Hawaiʻi – West Oʻahu
91-1001 Farrington Highway
C208 – Multipurpose Room
The class is open to all state employees. Please forward this information to employees in your agency and encourage employees who have not received ethics training to attend an ethics training this year.
Please contact our office (808) 587-0460 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Thank you for your support of ethics education!
Hawaii State Ethics Commission
1001 Bishop Street, Suite 970
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Telephone: (808) 587-0460
The RCUH payroll deadline for the 8/01/17-8/15/17 pay period is 12:00 noon on TUESDAY, August 15, 2017. The deadline has been moved up one day due to the Statehood Day holiday.
Link to: Employee Time/Leave Certification Form for August 1-15, 2017
- Online timesheets will be available starting FRIDAY, August 11, 2017.
- Online timesheets must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon, TUESDAY, August 15, 2017.
- Be sure to check for verification of your electronic submission (name, date, time and confirmation number) and that the correct number of timesheets were submitted (x of x).
- Supporting documentation (for Timekeeper Co-certification, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Parent/Teacher Conference, Military Leave) must be submitted to RCUH Payroll by 12:00 noon, TUESDAY, August 15, 2017.
- RCUH employees will NOT be paid if the online timesheets and supporting documentations are not submitted by the RCUH payroll deadline.
- Late timesheets will be processed retroactively with the next scheduled payroll processing.
For your convenience, click here to view the 2017 Human Resources Personnel Action & Payroll Calendar.
Should you have any questions, please contact the RCUH Payroll Staff at email@example.com.
RCUH Payroll Staff
RCUH is pleased to introduce the nominees for the 2017 RCUH Outstanding Employees of the Year Award. These individuals have gone above and beyond their job duties and made significant contributions to their project and our greater research community. They are pictured from left to right:
- HANALEI ABBOTT, UH Social Science Research Institute, Social Sciences Grant Development Office
- TOMOKO ACOBA, UH Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research
- KAORU ASHIMINE, UH John A. Burns School of Medicine, Postgraduate Medical Education at Chubu Hospital
- ANGELA BONONI, UH Cancer Center, Thoracic Oncology
- STANFORD FICHTMAN, Kapi‘olani Community College, Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Project
- TARA HOLITZKI, University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, Analytical Laboratory
- DANIEL LEUNG, Kapi‘olani Community College, Culinary Arts Program
- JILL SOMMER, Pacific International Center for High Technology Research, O‘ahu Army Cultural Resources Management Program
- REBECCA BERALAS, Lyon Arboretum
- ROBERT GOYA-SMITH, UH Animal and Veterinary Services Program
- KATHARINE HIND, Department of Land & Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources
- KIM SWARTZ, UH Public Health Studies, Alcohol Compliance & Enforcement Project
- RICHARD TAMAE, Subaru Telescope
- CHARISSA MINATO, PAMELA FUJII, KRISTINE DAVIDSON, UH Social Science Research Institute, Hawai‘i Coral Reef Initiative
- LORI CHUN, KARI KIM, TAMMY HO, MEGAN KIRA, SUSAN ORDINADO, UH John A. Burns School of Medicine, Grants Development Office
- MAX SENDER, DAVID JACKSON, UH Department of Psychology, Research Evaluation and Training Project
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding employees at the 2017 RCUH Awards Luncheon on Monday, October 30, 2017 at Wai‘alae Country Club from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Tickets are $35. Click here to fill in and complete the reservation form. Submit the completed form with cash or check payable to RCUH. Mail to: RCUH Corporate Services, 2800 Woodlawn Drive, Suite 200, Honolulu, HI 96822. Deadline to register is Friday, October 13, 2017.
The RCUH Policies and Procedures section will have a new look when we move those documents to a new platform on Sunday evening, August 6, 2017.
This project has been in the works for a while and will finally come to fruition as part of our website enhancement efforts. We hope you like the consistent format and look of the policies and will find it simple to navigate and locate documents. All of the policies and links have been reviewed numerous times to ensure accuracy, but should you find any broken links or missing documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the transition to the new platform on Sunday, you may encounter some brief periods of inaccessibility. Thank you for your patience as we work on the transition. Also, for those who may have bookmarked any policies on the current site, please be aware that those links will no longer be functional. A few policies have also undergone revision and those revisions will be loaded as soon as possible after the launch.
If you have any questions, please call the Corporate Services Department at 988-8314 or 988-8315. Thank you!
On July 24, 2017, The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced it would resume premium processing for certain cap-exempt H-1B petitions. The press release states that “premium processing will resume for petitions that may be exempt from the cap if the H-1B petitioner is: an institution of higher education; a nonprofit related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education; or a nonprofit research or governmental research organization.”
Since USCIS temporarily suspended premium processing for all H-1B petitions on April 3, 2017 to help reduce overall processing times, it has resumed premium processing for certain H-1B petitions as its workload permits.
Please find the official press release at the USCIS website:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact RCUH Immigration at: email@example.com
Attention: RCUH Staff who are requesting a parking permit or subject for renewal of a parking permit on the UH Manoa campus for the upcoming semester(s)
RCUH Human Resources can assist to supply the proof of employment if required for parking permit requests. RCUH staff should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 956-7307 to request for the proof of employment. In turn, an RCUH representative will email the proof of employment to employee.
Please contact RCUH Human Resources at email@example.com or (808) 956-7307 if you have any questions.