RCUH HR IMPORTANT – 2021 RCUH Benefit Open Enrollment Begins – May 3-14, 2021

TO: All RCUH Regular-status (50-100%) FTE Employees with or w/o Medical/Dental Plan
FROM: Nelson Sakamoto, Director of Human Resources
SUBJECT:  RCUH HR IMPORTANT – 2021 RCUH Benefit Open Enrollment Begins – May 3 – 14, 2021

Employment Self Service (ESS): Open Enrollment Informational Materials and Benefits Summary

All Open Enrollment Informational Materials such as monthly premium rate sheets, enrollment forms, carrier videos (i.e., HMSA, Kaiser, HDS, NBS), Summary of Benefit Coverages, and additional materials can be found through Employee Self-Service (ESS) in the “RCUH Benefits Open Enrollment Materials” link to the right of your eTimesheet in the “Special Announcements” section. Information regarding your Benefits Summary is located in ESS > Benefits > Benefits Summary. You will be able to see the benefits you are currently enrolled in, employee and employer cost, and frequency of deductions of your benefits.

Important Dates

Monday, May 3, 2021 – Friday, May 14, 2021RCUH Open Enrollment Period Review the Open Enrollment Information and submit forms.
Friday, May 14, 2021DEADLINE 5:00 PM (HST) to submit Benefit Enrollment/Change/Waiver Forms to RCUH Benefits – Fax: (808) 956-5022 or Email: [email protected]
Thursday, July 1, 2021Start date of Benefit Enrollment/Change

Medical and Dental Insurance

If you are not making any changes to your current medical and/or dental coverage no action is needed. If you are enrolling into a plan, changing a plan type (such as HMSA to Kaiser or HMO to PPO), or adding or removing dependents requires RCUH Group Health Plan Enrollment form (OEB-5Ha). Any employee that has waived coverage from a previous year or plans to waive coverage this year will be required to complete and submit a new RCUH Group Health Plan Waiver form (OEB-5Wb). Any employees who wishes to cancel their current plan and waive coverage for the new plan year must also complete and submit the RCUH Group Health Insurance Waiver Form (OEB-5Wb). Click HERE for more detailed information on Medical and Dental Insurance.

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Healthcare and Dependent Care

If you are currently enrolled in an FSA Healthcare and/or Dependent Care plan, please note that action is needed on your part to re-enroll in a Healthcare and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for the new plan year July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022. Any re-enrollments, enrollments, or changes to your FSA Healthcare and/or Dependent Care require RCUH Flexible Spending Enrollment & Change form (OEB-5F). Click HERE for more detailed information on FSA Healthcare and Dependent Care.

Supplemental Long-Term Care Insurance (LTC) and Life Insurance (Regular-Status FTE 75-100% only)

If you would like to enroll in Supplemental Long-Term Care Insurance please contact us at (808) 956-3100 or email [email protected] for assistance. If you would like to change the coverage amount of your life insurance coverage please complete and submit the RCUH Life Insurance Change Form (OEB-5L). Click HERE for more detailed information on Supplemental LTC and Life Insurance OE Changes.

Contact Information

Contact RCUH Employee Benefits for general inquiries on Open Enrollment, eligibility, and assistance with forms such as submission or filling them out.

Phone: (808) 956-6979 or (808) 956-2326                Email: [email protected]

Fax: (808) 956-5022

Contact RCUH HR Information Systems if you are having difficulty logging in to ESS.

Phone: (808) 956-9561 or (808) 956-8376                Email: [email protected]