Wednesday, October 5, 2022: This posting was updated with new SOQ submittal dates.
Licensed attorneys who wish to provide specialized legal services to the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaiʻi (RCUH) for the remainder of the fiscal year commencing July 1, 2022, are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest (SOQ) to RCUH pursuant to HRS § 103D-304.
RCUH is currently looking to contract for legal services in the following area:
- Employee Benefits. Services shall include but not be limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing, and providing advice and recommendations relating thereto;
- Providing advice and recommendations regarding responses to claims asserted by current and former employees;
- Participating in negotiations regarding items (a) and (b); and
- Providing guidance on applicable statutes, regulations, and other legal requirements.
RCUH currently offers many employee benefits ranging from paid and unpaid leaves, health insurances, flexible spending accounts, other pre-tax and post-tax deductions, retirement account contributions (401a, 403b), life insurance, long term disability insurance, and long term care insurance.
Previous experience advising employers is essential, and previous experience advising government agencies is preferred.
Please email your SOQ to: [email protected] by Friday, October 14, 2022, to be eligible for consideration. SOQs received after October 14, 2022 will be classified as “late submittals” for the balance of the fiscal year as follows: a late submittal received October 15, 2022 through December 7, 2022, will be considered for services beginning January 1, 2023; a late submittal received December 8, 2022 through February 8, 2023, will be considred for services beginning March 1, 2023.
SOQ forms are available here.