It has been heartbreaking to see the devastating images coming from Maui over the past few days. Our hearts go out to the people of Maui and those who have loved ones impacted by the fires. In alignment with the University of Hawai‘i and the State of Hawai‘i, RCUH will be granting administrative leave on Thursday, August 10, 2023 through Sunday, August 13, 2023 for RCUH Employees on the island of Maui. Please see yesterday’s announcement regarding administrative leave for August 9, 2023.
Employees should not report to work on these days, and will be granted administrative leave, except for:
- Departmental Disaster/Emergency Coordinators,
- Disaster Response Workers, and
- Employees whose work involves continuing crucial operations/services.
Employees who fall into one of the above categories should report to work. If employees are unsure as to whether they fall into the categories above, they should consult with their immediate supervisor.
The following information is provided in order to clarify the work or leave status of employees:
- Employees who were expected to work at Maui island campuses and/or offices on Thursday, August 10, through Sunday, August 13, 2023 shall be considered as having worked their normal day of work and shall not be granted equivalent time off at a later date.
- Employees who are on their scheduled day off shall not be granted equivalent time off at a later date.
- Employees who are on approved leaves should be continued on leave status without any adjustment to their leave records and shall not be granted equivalent time off at a later date.
- Hourly paid employees shall not be entitled to Administrative Leave.
SUPPORT FOR MAUI