RCUH Policies and Procedures
of the University of Hawai‘i
3.610 UH/RCUH Faculty/Staff Identification Card
Eligible employees of the RCUH may obtain an UH Faculty/Staff Identification Card which will entitle the cardholder to certain benefits and privileges offered by the University of Hawai‘i.
A. RCUH Employee
1. Complete RCUH ID Card Application Form and send to the RCUH Human Resources Office.
2. If application is approved, pick up the ID card following the procedures described in the above form.
B. Principal Investigator
1. Review the RCUH ID Card Application Form. Approval is at the Principal Investigator/designee’s discretion.
This policy applies to RCUH employees located in O‘ahu (UH Mānoa), Maui (UH Maui College), and Hawai‘i (UH Hilo), regardless of FTE.
IV. Details of Policy
A. Benefits of a UH-Mānoa/RCUH Identification (ID) Card – Cardholders will be eligible for the same services (of the UH ID Card) that are currently available to UH employees. Go to the appropriate ID card websites for the most up-to-date information, as access to services is subject to change and may be determined by the service provider.
1. For UH Mānoa ID Cards: Go to the UH ID Card website for the most up-to-date information.
Borrowing privileges at UH Mānoa libraries — Hamilton Library and Sinclair Library, including Reserve Room, CLIC Lab, and Wong Audio-Visual Center
I. Discount season athletic tickets
II. Use of Intramural Fitness Center
III. Use of Warrior Recreation Center
Campus Center/Hemenway Hall
i. Discounts on services at the Ticket, Information & ID Office, including
ii. Discounted movie passes
(1.) Discounts on various concert tickets at Kennedy Theater and Outreach College
(2.) Fax and lamination services
iii. Discounts for Leisure Center programs and activities, including
(1.) Equipment rentals
(2.) Leisure classes
2. For UH Hilo ID Cards: Go to the UH-Hilo ID Card website for the most up-to-date information:
a. Library – Borrowing privileges and Reserving Rooms
b. Lunch card (load points at Sodexo in Computer Center 108)
c. Print card (loadable at the Library, near the front desk)
d. Admission into the new Student Life Center
3. For UH Maui College ID Cards: Fill out the UH-RCUH Faculty Staff ID Card Application Form
B. Cost of Obtaining a UH/RCUH Identification (ID) Card
1. For UH Mānoa/UH Maui College: There is no charge to the employee for an initial ID card.
2. For UH Hilo: Total cost of ID card is $10.00, of which $5.00 will be paid by RCUH and the remaining $5.00 will be charged to the employee.
C. Length of Validity of the ID Card – ID cards will be valid for no more than two (2) years from the date of issuance. Please review and follow applicable procedures for your respective UH campus.
D. ID Card Must Be Surrendered at the Time of Termination – All UH/RCUH ID cards must be surrendered to RCUH Human Resources Department upon the employee’s termination of employment with the RCUH.
E. Temporary Employees May Request an ID Card – RCUH temporary hires may request a UH/RCUH Faculty/Staff ID Card by following the same steps as an RCUH regular employee (detailed in the “Procedures” section). The following rules apply for temporary employees:
1. Expiration date on ID card for RCUH temporary employees will be based on the employee’s pre-determined termination date with RCUH.
2. Costs incurred must be paid for by the Employee or the Employee’s program. Temporary employees must contact their own program’s administrative office (or Principal Investigator) to get more information on the reimbursement process (if any) BEFORE requesting an ID card. RCUH is not responsible for any costs associated with UH – RCUH ID cards for temporary employees.
A. Procedures for Requesting an Initial ID Card:
1. Employee Must Complete an Application Form: Complete RCUH ID Card Application Form and email to RCUH Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Verification of Employment Status Will be Done by RCUH. Upon confirmation of “regular” status, RCUH will designate the expiration date (maximum 2 years) and approve the ID card request. The signed/authorized application will be emailed back to the employee (PDF version).
3. Employee Will Obtain the ID Card: The Employee must present the approved application form to the appropriate ID Office along with a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID w/expiration date, passport, etc.).
a. For UH Mānoa ID Cards: Employee will obtain the ID card at the UH Campus Center Ticket, Information, & ID Office located at the University of Hawai‘i’s Campus Center, Room 212 during normal business hours; Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm, except on holidays.
b. For UH Hilo ID Cards: Employee will obtain the ID card at the UH-Hilo Campus Center’s Gameroom located at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo’s Campus Center, Room 204 during normal business hours (check website for hours of operation); except on holidays.
c. For UH Maui College: Employee will email RCUH Human Resources (email@example.com) a .jpeg image. An RCUH representative will pick up the ID card from the UH Mānoa office and will mail the ID card to the employee.
B. Procedures for Requesting a Replacement ID Card –If your ID card is lost or stolen, a replacement ID card can be made. A new UH – RCUH ID application is required along with a photo ID. The replacement fee will be the responsibility of the employee (not RCUH).
1. For UH Mānoa and UH Maui College ID Cards: A replacement fee of $15.00 will be assessed for all ID cards that need to be re-issued.
2. For UH Hilo ID Cards: A replacement fee of $10.00 will be assessed for all ID cards that need to be re-issued.
C. Procedures for Renewing Expired Cards– Employees may renew expired UH – RCUH ID cards free of charge. Employees must submit another UH-RCUH Faculty Staff ID Card Application Form to RCUH Human Resources. Employees must also surrender their expired ID cards to the Campus Center Ticket, Information & ID Office at time of renewal.
1. For UH Mānoa and UH Maui College ID Cards: If the employee does not surrender the expired ID card, a $15.00 replacement charge will be assessed at time of renewal (fee will be responsibility of employee).
2. For UH Hilo ID Cards: If the employee does not surrender the expired ID card, a $10.00 replacement charge will be assessed at time of renewal (fee will be responsibility of employee).
RCUH Employment: (808) 956-7307
VII. Relevant Documents
RCUH ID Card Application Form
UH-RCUH Faculty Staff ID Card Application Form UH ID Card website
UH-Hilo ID Card website
University of Hawai‘i’s Campus Center, Room 212 UH-Hilo Campus Center’s Game room
Date Revised: 4/25/17