TO: All Principal Investigators employing RCUH Regular Status Employees (on Oahu only)
FROM: Nelson Sakamoto, Director of Human Resources
SUBJECT: (Oahu Employees Only) Paid Administrative Leave (Up to 3 Hours) – Wednesday, April 1, 2015
The State Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD) has announced authorization for paid administrative leave for up to 3 hours due to adverse traffic conditions. Pursuant to the DHRD’s announcement, Michael Hamnett, RCUH Executive Director has authorized the following:
- This special administrative leave applies to only Oahu Regular status employees.
- All Principal Investigators should determine the appropriateness of granting this administrative leave. Principal Investigators may determine due to operational necessity to keep his/her staff working for the balance of the workday. In which case, this paid administrative leave will not apply and cannot be used at a later date.
- All regular status, salaried/hourly employees that can be spared will be given “up to three (3) hours” of administrative leave with pay for April 1, 2015.
- Employees who reported to work and worked their normal day of work shall not be granted equivalent time off at a later date.
- Employees on personal leaves of absence, or those on disciplinary suspension are not entitled to this administrative leave.
- Employees on paid vacation or sick leave, workers’ compensation leave or other officially authorized leaves are not entitled to this administrative leave.
- Only regular status employees are entitled to this administrative leave. This administrative leave does not apply to Temporary, Student Assistant or other non-regular status employees.
Time Reporting Issues: On the upcoming April 1-15, 2015 RCUH Online Timesheet (due Noon April 16, 2015) you should report these hours (up to 3 hours) of Administrative Leave with Pay as “Regular Hours”.
Contact me at 956-6965 (email@example.com) if you have questions concerning this memo.