RCUH Policies and Procedures
of the University of Hawai‘i
1.230 Intramural Project Termination
To terminate an intramural project account when the project work is completed and/or the account is no longer needed:
- Principal Investigator (PI)/Fiscal Administrator (FA) shall do the following:
- Review the project account to process all pending payments and clear all outstanding encumbrances.
- Reconcile Petty Cash funds and return the balance to RCUH, if applicable.
- PI/FA shall complete a University of Hawaii (UH) Internal Service Order Form, indicating close-out and effective date.
- PI/FA shall route the Internal Service Order Form for required UH reviews and approvals per UH Administrative Procedure (AP) 203 Service Orders to RCUH.
- After all required UH reviews and approvals have been obtained, the Internal Service Order Form shall be routed to RCUH.
- A copy of the fully executed Internal Service Order Form shall be distributed to the UH Chancellor, Vice President for Research and Innovation (VPRI) or their designee and FA of the account.
- RCUH shall process closeout of the project account in the RCUH financial system when RCUH has been reimbursed for all project costs.
- For advance-funded project accounts, a refund check will be issued to the University of Hawai‘i to return unspent funds, if applicable. Check will be forwarded to the FA of the account.
- Relevant Documents
UH AP 12.203 Service orders to RCUH
Date Revised: 01/08/2018