Notice to Principal Investigators Concerning
RCUH Personal Information Systems Survey
Due: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Principal Investigators: It’s that time of year again. As required by Hawaii State law (HRS 487N), every state agency is required to identify all information systems that maintain personal information. Therefore, your IMMEDIATE attention is needed to complete/update the RCUH Personal Information Systems Survey.
For the purposes of this survey, “Personal information” is defined as an individual’s first name or first initial and last name in combination with:
(1) Social security number;
(2) Driver’s license number or Hawaii identification card number; or
(3) Account number, credit or debit card number, access code, or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account.
Examples of common electronic and/or paper-based systems which may contain personal information include:
- Personnel files of project employees
- Worker’s Compensation files
- Employment records of employees (i.e. emergency contact listing, car/parking information)
- Fiscal or payroll reports/records
- Procurement files/records (i.e. travel, purchasing payment records, contracts)
- Accounting records
- Patient data for research
For UH Service-Ordered Projects (University of Hawaii Research Projects):
Last year, all UH-Service Ordered Research Projects were advised to complete the survey using the online tool which the University of Hawaii had created to collect this information from each of their campuses, colleges, schools, departments and projects.
If you previously completed the survey utilizing this online tool, please review your survey information and update it with any changes. If there are no changes to the information, please indicate “n/c” at the end of the field and then save/submit your survey to reflect that the information was reviewed this year. Note: you must click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the survey to ensure the information is updated in the database.
If you have not completed the online survey either because you are a new project, or because you completed a hardcopy survey last year, please complete the online survey by following the instructions listed below.
· The survey is located at: http://www.hawaii.edu/its/information/survey/
· You will be required to login with your UH username/password before being able to access your survey(s). Instructions on updating/reviewing previously entered surveys OR adding a new survey is displayed after you login.
· When completing the Personal Profile section of the on-line tool, Principal Investigators should select their respective campus/unit. Do not select “The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii.”
For all RCUH Direct Projects (non-University of Hawaii Projects)
For those Principal Investigators who have direct projects with RCUH (non-UH) and have completed a hardcopy survey last year, a copy of your 2009 survey was emailed to you on September 16, 2010. Please review your survey information and update it with any changes.
If you did not complete a survey last year, please click here to complete a (hardcopy) questionnaire.
Click here for a complete SAMPLE survey.
Updated/completed surveys must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, September 30, 2010.
For those Principal Investigators who have both UH Service Ordered projects and Direct Projects, unless the Personal Information Systems are different, should utilize the UH On-line Survey Tool.
The DEADLINE to complete the survey is Thursday, September 30, 2010.
Questions may be directed to Sheri Nakashima, RCUH Human Resources at email@example.com.