The Annual RCUH Benefits Open Enrollment Period (BOEP) is here. BOEP Forms/Documents were sent out to all RCUH benefits-eligible employees yesterday, April 23, 2012, via email. If you have not received your packet, please call Kelsey Milliken at (808) 956-7106 or email her at email@example.com to request for a duplicate packet. Please review ALL of the materials provided.
Your Open Enrollment packet included the following:
- Informational Sheet (Document #1) Provides instructions to help you through the Open Enrollment Period. Includes important changes that will affect your benefit elections for the upcoming plan year (e.g., Flexible Spending Plan maximums, temporary enhancements to the dental plan etc.).
- Personalized Benefits Statement (Document #2) Lists employee’s current benefits as of April 23, 2012.
- Fillable Enrollment/Change Form (Document #3)
- Medical/Dental Plan Summaries for Kaiser, HMSA & HDS plans (Documents #4-6) Highlights benefits/services covered/coverage levels and new rates as of July 1, 2012.
- Flexible Spending Plan Highlights (Document #7) Highlights Flexible Spending Plan benefits and changes for the plan year, July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013.
During this Open Enrollment period, you can:
- Enroll into a health insurance plan for employees who previously waived coverage (submit Document 3);
- Add eligible dependents not already on your health insurance plan (submit Document 3);
- Cancel/Change your health (medical & dental) insurance plan (submit Document 3);
- Enter into an annual *Flexible Spending Plan for the Plan Year 7/1/2012-6/30/2013 *Even though you are currently enrolled, you must submit Document 3 if you want to participate in this benefit during the next plan year 7/1/2012-6/30/2013;
- Enroll into, cancel or change Supplemental/Voluntary Insurance Plans offered through RCUH (submit Document 3).
**REMINDER – You do NOT need to submit Document 3 if you are not newly enrolling into or making any changes to your medical/dental/voluntary insurance plans, and if you are not enrolling into a flexible spending plan for the upcoming plan year (7/1/2012-6/30/2013).
IMPORTANT BENEFIT ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NEW Maximum Annual Election Amount for Medical Expense Reimbursement Flexible Spending Accounts
In the upcoming plan year, July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013, employees will be able to deduct a maximum of $2,500 per plan year for the Flexible Spending-Medical Expense Reimbursement Account (previously $2,400 for less than 4 years of service and $4,500 for 4 or more years of service). This modification to policy is due to the enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), which amended Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code limiting the maximum Flexible Spending-Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan annual election to $2,500 per year. See Document #7 for more information on the Flexible Spending Plan benefit.
- Temporary Dental Plan Benefit Enhancements
We are pleased to announce that for the upcoming plan year, July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013 only, rates will remain the same (no increase). Additionally, RCUH will be temporarily increasing the benefit coverage levels for both Bitewing X-rays and Cleanings from 90% to 100%. Continuation of these temporary benefit enhancements into future plan years will be determined on a year-to-year basis.
- RCUH Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings
We will be having three (3) Open Enrollment benefits meetings this year. The meetings will be held on Oahu (University of Hawaii at Manoa Campus) and broadcasted out via Hawaii Interactive Television System (HITS) to various sites on the outer islands. Representatives from our health/flexible spending vendors will be available to answer your questions, so we encourage all employees to take the time to learn your benefits options to ensure you are electing the best plan(s) to meet your needs.
*Big Island, Maui, and Kauai Sessions will be Broadcasted through HITS
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
10:00AM – 12:00PM
UH Manoa Campus Kuykendall Hall
UH Maui College
Room 105 A
Learning Resource Center Room 122
Thursday, May 10, 2012
1:00PM – 3:00PM
Friday, May 11, 2012
1:00PM – 3:00PM
Meetings are accessible for individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation due to your disability, or to RSVP to one of the sessions listed above, please call Kelsey Milliken at (808) 956-7106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meeting(s) may be cancelled if there are no sign-ups for particular locations.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS 1
- DEADLINE: All Benefits Open Enrollment Forms must be received by Monday, May 21, 2012.
- MAIL OR FAX FORMS TO:
RCUH — Human Resources Department
2530 Dole Street, Sakamaki Hall D-100, Honolulu, HI 96822
FAX #: (808) 956-5022
Contact: Dayna Tsue / Kelsey Milliken
Phone: (808) 956-8953 / (808) 956-7106