Cash Advance Request Form (for research activity conducted in foreign countries)

When research activity is conducted in remote areas of certain foreign countries, normal procurement processes (eg, issuing purchase orders or paying vendors by RCUH check) may not be feasible.  Certain fiscal administrators expressed a need for guidance in requesting a cash advance and the documentation required to clear an advance.  It became evident that there is a need for a policy to address not just cash advances, but global research activities in its entirety.


Since it will likely take some time for UH to develop a policy for global research activities and then for RCUH to tie in a policy for cash advances, we developed interim guidelines and a cash advance request form to assist fiscal administrators and project staff in requesting cash advances. The form can be found in the Attachments Index (Attachment 48) of the Procurement section of our policies and procedures.

Please call 808-956-3608 if you have any questions.