TO: tAll Principal Investigators Employing RCUH Regular Status Employees
FROM: tNelson Sakamoto
ttDirector of Human Resources
Governor Abercrombie has authorized State agencies to allow all Regular, full-time salaried employees a day off (8 hours with pay) on either December 24 or December 31, 2013. The leave must be taken all at one time on either day and shall not be split in any manner. Pursuant to the Governor’s directive, Michael Hamnett, RCUH Executive Director has authorized the following:
1. All regular, full-time, salaried/hourly employees that can be spared will be given administrative leave with pay (a total of 8 hours) on either December 24 or 31, 2013. The leave must be taken all at one time on either day and shall not be split in any manner.
2. Any employee required to work during this period shall not be entitled to overtime, but shall be given equivalent administrative time off at some other date determined by the Principal Investigator.
3. Employees on personal leaves of absence, or those on disciplinary suspension are not entitled to this administrative leave.
4. Less than full-time, regular, salaried/hourly employees will be granted a proportionate amount of administrative leave from their scheduled work time.
5. Regular status employees on vacation or sick leave on December 24 or 31 should charge only the hours in excess of their applicable administrative leave.
The Governor reminds all agencies to comply with Chapter 80, Hawaii Revised Statutes, which state, “offices…. shall be open for the transaction of public business between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m….” Principal Investigators whose projects service the public should take appropriate steps to ensure compliance with this requirement.
Time Reporting Issues: On the RCUH Timesheet form you should indicate the Holiday Administrative Leave with Pay as “ADM”. Enter “ADM” on the RCUH online timesheet noting number of hours to be charged as paid administrative leave.
Contact me at 956-7055 (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions concerning this memo.
Please remember, the RCUH Core Offices will be closed all day on Wednesday, December 25, 2013. RCUH will be open for business on December 24 and 31, 2013.