TO: All Principal Investigators & Project Administrators
FROM: Nelson Sakamoto
Director of Human Resources
SUBJECT: UPDATED – RCUH Employees (working on Oahu and Kauai ONLY) Administrative Leave with Pay for Friday, August 8, 2014
APPLICABLE TO ONLY RCUH EMPLOYEES WORKING ON OAHU AND KAUAI ONLY: This announcement pertains to only RCUH employees working on Oahu and Kauai.
(For all Islands) All Principal Investigators and Project Administrators should ensure your employees have been informed of your work schedule for the duration of this severe weather conditions.
Administrative Leave with Pay: On August 7, 2014 the State of Hawaii Department of Human Resources Development announced authorization to place State employees (working on Oahu and Kauai) on an authorized Administrative Leave with Pay due to the expected severe weather conditions. All State Offices on Oahu and Kauai will be closed on August 8, 2014 (all day).
The RCUH is authorizing an Administrative Leave with Pay on August 8, 2014 (all day) for all RCUH employees working on Oahu and Kauai due to the Hurricane/Tropical Storm Tsunami Warning. The following guidelines are applicable for August 8, 2014 for all RCUH employee categories (both salaried and hourly):
1. Employees who are required to work or who come in to work on August 8: Shall be considered as having worked their normal work schedule and shall NOT be granted an equivalent time off at a later date. Work time should be reported as regular work hours.
2. Employees who are on their scheduled day-off on August 8 shall NOT be granted an equivalent time off at a later date.
3. Employees who are on an approved (paid or unpaid) leave on August 8: Shall NOT be granted an equivalent time off at a later date. Leave hours should be reported with the applicable leave code.
4. Employees who work a partial day on August 8: Employees who work a partial day will have their hours worked as regular work hours, and the balance of the day not worked as Administrative Leave (see below). However, any partial day worked will NOT have equivalent time off at a later date.
5. What if your project decides to shut-down before Friday, August 8, 2014?: RCUH employees should be placed on Vacation Leave or Leave without Pay (if they have no vacation). You must provide the RCUH with a written authorization from your contracting officer or sponsor to authorize any paid administrative leave prior to August 8, 2014.
For time reporting purposes for August 8: All employees eligible for “Administrative Leave with pay” for August 8 should report these hours as “REGULAR HOURS” online timesheet. If you have any questions please contact the RCUH Payroll section (808) 956- 6722, (808) 956-7624, (808) 956-7262.
Additional questions: Any additional questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.