TO: All RCUH Employees
FROM: RCUH Human Resources Department
SUBJECT: Guidance on Severe Weather Conditions
We may be impacted by severe weather in the coming days. You should check with your Principal Investigator regarding possible changes in your work schedule. Your Principal Investigator, (not the RCUH) will decide whether the severe weather will affect your work schedule.
For your information, here are informational resources and websites that will keep you abreast of the severe weather conditions:
(1) University of Hawaii Emergency Information website: http://www.hawaii.edu/emergency/
(2) Central Pacific Hurricane Center website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/
(3) For additional information and preparation the National Weather Service compiled a list of website resources see Hurricane Information Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/pages/hurrsafety.php
(4) Hawaii News Now Weather site: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/category/190631/severe-weather-hawaii-news-now
(5) You may want to print out and review this PDF document produced recently by UH Sea Grant, it’s very informative:
REMEMBER: Check with your Principal Investigator and be safe.