ATTENTION: RCUH Employees Who Are Kaiser Permanente Health Plan Subscribers
Kaiser Permanente will be sending all their subscribers important information regarding the recent news media announcement of Saturday closures of Kaiser Permanente Clinics. Kaiser Permanente will provide their members with clarification of their services as follows:
- Starting February 29, 2016, Kaiser Permanente will begin to extend hours and expand access at their Moanalua Medical Center’s After-Hours Care (AHC) clinic on Saturdays (8 a.m. – 10 p.m.), which will match their AHC hours on Sundays.
- If you need urgent care, you are encouraged to call ahead for a same-day appointment with one of their providers in the After-Hours Care clinic. In some cases, you may be able to do the appointment by phone.
- In addition, after-hours care will continue to be available at Maui Lani Medical Office (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) on Saturdays and Sundays, and at their community providers on Hawaii Island.
Also beginning the week of February 29, 2016, Kaiser Permanente will be making the following changes:
- More primary care physician appointments Monday through Friday. Appointments can be made online at kp.org with any primary care physician at any clinic. Same-day appointments also are available.
- Pharmacies and labs will remain open on Saturdays at our Honolulu, Waipio, and Maui Lani Medical Offices and the pharmacy is always open at Moanalua Medical Center.
- You can continue to get mammograms on Saturdays at Moanalua Medical Center (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Honolulu Medical Office (8 a.m. – noon).
- Hours for vision care will be extended at our Honolulu and Waipio Medical Offices. Please check kp.org/locations in February for details.
- For your convenience, popular services such as sports physicals and well checks (regular check-ups) will be available on select Saturdays throughout the year. In addition, we’ll continue to offer health classes at several locations on Saturdays
Kaiser Permanente has also been adding many convenient ways for you to access their care and services, including:
- Phone appointments for primary care and after-hours care,
- Emails to physicians,
- Nurse advice by phone,
- 24/7 access on kp.org to fill new or refillable prescriptions, schedule appointments, and view test results from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. They will continue to add services to kp.org, such as video visits and more.
If you have any questions about how to get the care you need, please contact Kaiser Permanente’s Customer Service department at 1-800-966-5955. Kaiser Permanente’s new hours (effective February 29, 2016) are posted at kp.org/locations.