Travel for Non–Immigrant Employees During Holiday Season

Holiday Season is approaching! If you are on a non-immigrant visa and will be traveling during the holiday season, we would like to remind you to email RCUH Human Resources – Immigration ([email protected]) at least two (2) weeks prior to your travel so that we can ensure that you have the proper documentation to travel and to return back into the United States. Please provide us with the following information:

(1) Dates of Travel (Departure and Return Dates)
(2) Who will be traveling with you
(3) Reason for Travel

RCUH will prepare the proper travel verification of employment prior to your travel and will provide to you as soon as your request has been received.


• The I-94 admission record. Upon your return, please go to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website to get your online I-94 record. You will submit a copy of your I-94 record to the RCUH Human Resources office.

• Check the entry stamp to ensure that the period of admission matches the expiration date of the approved visa status. For example, be sure to check the validity dates of your passport before travel. If the passport expires prior to your approved visa status you should renew the passport before you return to the U.S. If you do not renew the passport, upon re-entry to the U.S., the immigration officer will issue an admission record valid only until the passport’s expiration.

• If you are a non-immigrant employee who has a pending “change of status” petition (i.e., change from F-1 to H-1B) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you must remain in the U.S. until a determination on the petition is rendered. A non-immigrant who travels abroad while an application for change of status is pending is considered to have abandoned the change of status portion of the petition.

Please email [email protected] or (808) 956-0871 if you have any questions.