RCUH Training: Employee/Independent Contractor Review
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
UH Manoa – East West Center, Burns Hall, Room 4012
9:00am – 10:30am
This training session will be held to provide Principal Investigators and Project Administrators with a set of guidelines on EIC Determinations. It is the policy of the RCUH to properly classify individuals providing services as an “Employee,” “Independent Contractor,” or “Non-Employee.” Misclassification of employees as independent contractors is a serious issue and could result in being held liable for employment taxes (income tax withholdings, Social Security and Medicare, unemployment) for that worker in addition to penalties and interest. Organizations are being scrutinized as never before, as federal and state agencies are ramping up enforcement efforts.
Please sign up for a training through Employee Self Service (ESS) and search “Oahu” (case-sensitive) under “Select Training Island”. If you have any trouble signing up, please feel free contact Tana Staub at [email protected] or 956-7055.
- Understand the RCUH Employee/Independent Contractor (EIC) Determination process
- Pertinent sections of the OMB 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- IRS, DOL, Chapter 84, Hawai‘i Revised Statutes
- What is an Independent Contractor, Employee and Non-Employee?
- Updated RCUH EIC Memo Templates
- “How To Do It” Hints/Help -What works & What does not work
- Master EIC Determinations
Please contact Tana Staub at [email protected] or 956-7055 at least five business days in advance if you require special arrangements or accommodations.