As we wind down 2018, we would like to provide you a courtesy reminder to update your personal information as it will affect your 2018 W-2. If you need to make any changes, you are able to do so in “Employee Self Service (ESS)” by Sunday, January 20, 2019. Please make note of blackout periods when changes are not allowed in ESS. After this time, information on file will be processed as is.
Also, we recommend you consent to an electronic W-2 rather than having it mailed to you. Electronic W-2s are secure and only available to you in your Employee Self-Service portal. Electronic W-2 eliminates the risk of your W-2 being lost in the mail, or worse falling into the hands of an Identity Theft.
For your convenience, below is an action checklist list to consider in closing your 2018 obligations:
- Contact Information
- Home and Mailing Addresses
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Tax Status and Withholdings
- Marital Status
- Withholding allowances
- Pay Information for 2018
- Review your last 2 pay statements to ensure all information including benefit deductions are correct
- Report any discrepancies to your Principal Investigator or Project Administrator immediately, no later than December 10, 2018
- All corrections or adjustments must be processed along with the December 1 – 15, 2018 pay period (last pay period in 2018)
- Consent to receive electronic W-2s
- In order to receive your tax documents electronically a ONE-TIME consent is required (Click here for instructions)
- Consent can be done in ESS
Please remember it is your responsibility to ensure that your information is up-to-date. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the payroll department at [email protected].