Travel for Nonimmigrant Employees During Summer Season

The summer season is approaching!  If you are on a nonimmigrant visa and will be traveling during the holiday season, please remember to email RCUH Human Resources/Immigration ([email protected]) at least two (2) weeks prior to your departure so that we can ensure you have the proper documentation to travel and return to the United States to continue your employment with RCUH.  Please provide the following information:

(1) Dates of travel (departure and return dates)

(2) Who will be traveling with you

(3) Reason for travel

Once RCUH Human Resources receives your travel information, you will be provided with the proper employment verification documents you will need for travel.


  • The I-94 admission record. Upon your return, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website to obtain your online I-94 record.  Submit a copy of your I-94 record to RCUH Human Resources.
  • Check the entry stamp to ensure that the period of admission matches the expiration date of the approved visa status.  Be sure to check the validity dates of your passport before travel.  If the passport expires prior to your approved visa status you should renew the passport before you return to the U.S.  If you do not renew the passport, upon re-entry to the U.S., the immigration officer will issue an admission record valid only until the passport’s expiration.

If you are a nonimmigrant employee who has a pending “change of status” petition (i.e., change from F-1 to H-1B) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you must remain in the U.S. until a determination on the petition is rendered.  A nonimmigrant who travels abroad while an application for change of status is pending is considered to have abandoned the change of status portion of the petition.

Please email [email protected] or call (808) 956-0871 if you have any questions