Since the introduction of the new RCUH eTimesheet system in October 2019, the RCUH Human Resources has transitioned over 340 projects to the new system. As of the pay period starting July 1st, we have over 1,480 employees reporting time on the new system. We will continue to transition projects with regular-status employees working a standard work schedule (8 hours per day, Monday through Friday) to the new eTimesheet system over the next few months.
For projects who will be transitioning to the new eTimesheet system, or for individuals with projects who have already transitioned, RCUH is offering online eTimesheet trainings via Zoom webcast:
- Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The first hour of training is intended for both employees and PIs/supervisors on how to complete an RCUH eTimesheet, while the second hour is for PIs/supervisors only and will cover the review and approval process. The RCUH eTimesheet and training is intended for projects with employees on standard work schedules (i.e., 8 work hours per day, Monday through Friday).
All projects must designate a Primary Approver and Secondary Approver for RCUH timesheets. In order to fulfill the responsibilities of a Primary Approver and Secondary Approver, these individuals must be either the Principal Investigator themselves, or an individual with Supervisory Access to RCUH eTimesheets. These individuals are responsible to log in to the HR Portal and hit the “Approve” button on all employee timesheets, ensuring timesheets for all employees on the Distribution Code (DC) have been approved by the RCUH Payroll Deadline.
- Primary Approver: Person responsible for the work performed by employees he/she supervises. Typically this is the PI or a Project Supervisor that has “direct knowledge of the work performed by project employees and can assert that payroll charges are accurate, allowable, reasonable, and properly allocated” (2CFR 200.430).
- Secondary Approver: Person serves as the backup to the Primary Approver and who has sufficient knowledge of the work performed by project employees and can assert that payroll charges are accurate, allowable, reasonable, and properly allocated.
Online Q&A sessions via Zoom webcast will be available for individuals who have already attended an eTimesheet training, reviewed the user guide(s), and have specific questions regarding eTimesheets. There is no agenda for these sessions and any employee or PI/Supervisor may attend and ask questions. The Q&As are scheduled from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM on the following dates:
- July 14, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- August 12, 2020
- August 25, 2020
Registration is required and available through the RCUH Training Portal. You should receive a confirmation email with the webcast link upon registration. If you do not already have an account and need to request access to the Training Portal, please complete this form.
If you have any questions about eTimesheets, please email email@example.com or call (808) 956-8900.