The RCUH Employee Benefit Open Enrollment (OE) Election Period starts today, April 26 through May 17, 2023. All changes will be effective July 1, 2023.
Please access all Open Enrollment forms and materials (rate sheet, summary of benefits, comparison documents, FAQ, etc.) at the following link: 2023-2024 RCUH Open Enrollment Page
What’s new this year:
- Upgraded Benefits Webpage, including an all-new dedicated Open Enrollment Webpage
- Medical Rate Changes:
a. HMSA: 13.3% increase on monthly premiums on all plans from previous plan year
b. Kaiser: No rate increase
c. HDS: No rate increase
3. Medical Plan Changes:
a. HMSA: In an effort to simplify our medical insurance offerings, the HMSA Health Plan Hawaii Basic plan will no longer be a plan option effective July 1, 2023. Current enrollees have been contacted under separate cover and will be transitioned to an alternate medical plan. HMSA Health Plan Hawaii Plus has been renamed to HMSA HMO for increased transparency and at-a-glance understanding. HMSA’s new vision plan administrator will be EyeMed. This will be effective July 1, 2023 for RCUH Employees.
b. Kaiser: Kaiser Plan A has been renamed to Kaiser HMO Standard – Plan A and Kaiser Plan B has been renamed to Kaiser HMO Comprehensive – Plan B. Addition of Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, and Naturopathy to the existing Chiropractic rider (CAM+N) (Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, and Naturopathy)
c. HDS: no changes
4. Introduction of eWaiver Form via the Employee Self-Service eUpload link
IMPORTANT: As a condition of employment or continued employment, an employee deemed eligible for the RCUH health insurance must either elect or waive health insurance coverage. All employees waiving medical coverage are required to submit an eWaiver as an acknowledgment of the offer of health insurance and agreement that they are opting to waive coverage each plan year.
What you can do during Open Enrollment:
This is your opportunity to elect, waive, or change certain benefit elections for the upcoming plan year (July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024). Mid-year changes and enrollments are not allowable unless you experience a qualified life event (e.g., marriage, divorce, birth of a child, etc.) and submit within the 30-day deadline.
- If you are currently enrolled in health insurance and have no changes to your coverage (and will not be enrolling into FSA), no action is needed.
- Please note that unlike health plans, you must re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Healthcare and Dependent Care each plan year. If you are currently enrolled in the Flexible Spending Healthcare or Dependent Care Account and you wish to continue your benefit, you must submit a new enrollment form for the new plan year (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024) as plan elections do not rollover.
- 2022-2023 FSA Use or Lose reminder – If you are currently enrolled in an FSA Healthcare or FSA Dependent Care benefit, any remaining funds must be spent by June 30, 2023 or they will be forfeited. You will have until September 28, 2023 to submit any remaining receipts (of any funds spent before or on June 30, 2023) to NBS.
- Please ensure your mailing address is correct on the Employee Self-Service. This is where your health/FSA cards (if applicable) will be mailed. You should plan to receive your cards no later than July 1st.
Contact the RCUH Employee Benefits section to discuss your questions or concerns about Open Enrollment.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (808) 956-2326 or (808) 956-6979
For Employee Self-Service (ESS) Password Resets and eUpload Assistance, contact RCUH HR Help Desk:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (808) 956-8900
Contact vendors directly with questions regarding specific coverage questions or current claims:
Hawaii Dental Service (HDS) Member Services: (808) 529-9248
HMSA Preferred Provider Plan & Comprehensive Medical Plans: (808) 948-6111
HMSA Health Plan Hawai’i HMO (808) 948-6372
Kaiser Member Services: (808) 432-5955
National Benefits Services (NBS) Flexible Spending Account Member Services: (855) 399-3035