As discussed in our July 11, 2018 announcement, effective August 1, 2018, RCUH’s micro-purchase threshold (“MPT”) will increase from $3,500 to $10,000 for all purchases, with the exception of purchases made using federal contract funds. Thus, RCUH will be utilizing an MPT of $10,000 for federal grant and cooperative agreement funds, as well as non-federal funds. For federal contract funds, the existing $3,500 threshold will remain in place until the $10,000 threshold is adopted by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”).
Revisions to the MPT (as well as other minor changes) have been made in the following:
- Policy 2.103 Request for Quotation (Sections I.A.; I.B.)
- Policy 2.106 Sole Source Purchase (Introduction; Section I.D.1.)
- Policy 2.107 Exempt Purchase (Introduction)
- Policy 2.110 Cost or Price Reasonableness (Sections II.A.; II.B.1.)
- Policy 2.201 Purchase Orders (Sections I.A.2.; I.B.3.; II.C.; II.D.; II.G.)
- Attachment 28 Procurement Checklist (New “Micro-Purchases” column added)
The aforementioned polices and document will be effective and available for viewing on the Policies and Procedures section of the RCUH website on August 1, 2018.
Questions may be directed to Erin Yoda, RCUH Procurement and Disbursing Manager, at 808-956-3969 or [email protected].