Transfer of Revolving Accounts from RCUH to UH – July 1, 2023

As a reminder, effective July 1, 2023, all Revolving accounts will be transferred from RCUH to UH. For additional information about the transfer of Revolving accounts from RCUH to UH, please refer to the ORS website:

For those with RCUH-related questions, please email [email protected] or call (808) 956-0507.


Revolving accounts will be assigned a new KFS Special Fund Research Recharge Center (SRRC) project account number with a range that will start with “2XXXXXX”. We expect the new KFS SRRC project accounts to be activated in the RCUH system on July 7, 2023. Projects should use the new KFS SRRC project account number to process and approve online purchasing, payment, and travel transactions in the RCUH Financial Portal. The new KFS SRRC project account should be used even if the goods/services received date is June 30, 2023 or earlier.


Effective July 1, 2023, deposits for Revolving accounts will no longer be processed by RCUH. Deposits made on July 1, 2023 or after should be received and recorded by the University of Hawaii. However, we expect that there will be a transition period during which RCUH will continue to receive deposits for Revolving accounts and therefore:

  • Any ACH or EFT deposits received by RCUH on 07/01/23 and after will also be posted to the RCUH Revolving account. The RCUH system does not allow the use of KFS income object codes, so we are not able to post income transactions to the new KFS SRRC account. The RCUH Revolving account will serve as a holding account until the project close-out is completed.
  • Checks made payable to RCUH and received on 07/01/23 and after will be endorsed by RCUH and made payable to UH and returned to the project.

Please refer to AP 8.701, Receipting and Depositing of Funds Received by the University for procedures on receipting, depositing, recording, reconciling, and safeguarding of funds received. In addition, please refer to our earlier announcement posted on May 30, 2023 regarding change of payee to UH.


Effective July 1, 2023, RCUH Accounting will no longer process journal entries to record internal billings for Revolving account invoices. Revolving account invoices to bill for goods or services provided by one university department to another university department should be processed with a KFS Internal Billing document. Please refer to the UH Internal Billing User Guide on how to process an Internal Billing in KFS.